Amanda S. Tapscott
Amanda is an experienced litigator. She is a member of the litigation group and primarily focuses her practice in the area of workers’ compensation.
As a workers’ compensation attorney, Amanda regularly advises employers and insurance carriers on strategies to defend and resolve claims. Amanda often provides guidance with regards to lien considerations involving third parties, child support, and Medicare, and regularly facilitates settlement of matters that involve such concerns. Amanda handles all aspects of litigation, settlement, appeal, and mediation of workers’ compensation matters.
Amanda has extensive litigation experience both at McCandlish Holton and through her past trial work prosecuting misdemeanor and felony criminal cases with the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney, and her representation of employers and carriers in workers’ compensation claims. Prior to law school, Amanda worked for a civil and commercial litigation law firm in Houston, Texas.
- Public Service Fellowship recipient, William & Mary School of Law
- Editor, William and Mary Environmental Law & Policy Review
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Richmond Bar Association, Member
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
Publications and Presentations
- Medicare Set Asides: Navigating the Red Tape
- Death of a Salesman: Opinions of a Defense Attorney and Accident Investigator", 9th Annual McCandlish Holton Workers' Compensation Seminar
- Webfile and EDI for Adjusters
- Legislative and Commission updates, 8th Annual McCandlish Holton Workers’ Compensation Seminar
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3865
fax (804) 775-3800
- William & Mary School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Bucknell University, B.A., 2004
- Virginia, 2008