James J. Bouchard, III
Jim is an attorney in the Litigation and Employment Law Practice Groups. He has considerable experience litigating cases before the courts of Virginia and Indiana. Jim also has extensive experience representing employers and insurance companies in matters before various governmental administrative agencies.
As an employment attorney, Jim provides legal advice to employers on issues such as hiring and firing, employee contracts, employee benefits, promotions, discipline, discrimination, EEOC complaints, payment of wages, time off and leave, employee health issues, recordkeeping, and workplace safety.
Jim regularly advises and defends employers and their insurance carriers regarding employees’ claims of workplace injuries. Jim is experienced with litigating and mediating claims before the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar, Young Lawyer’s Conference Member
- Richmond Bar Association, Member
Publications and Presentations
- Reducing Exposure to Workers’ Compensation Claims: 8th Annual McCandlish Holton Workers’ Compensation Seminar
- Time Off: State and Federal Laws on Employee Leave, Vacations and Holidays
- Employment Law from A to Z
- Payroll Administration Principles
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3856
fax (804) 775-3800
- Indiana University - Indianapolis, J.D., 2001
- Purdue University, B.A., 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia