Jeremy A. Ball
Jeremy represents hospitals, nursing facilities, physician practice groups, ancillary healthcare providers, and managed care health insurance plans. He regularly advises clients in transactional, regulatory, and reimbursement matters, including acquisitions and joint ventures, licensure and certification, Medicare and Medicaid appeals, fraud and abuse compliance, and Certificate of Public Need. Jeremy is Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)®.
Jeremy’s practice also includes representation of health care providers in litigation, including cases in federal and state court, in arbitration, and before administrative agencies, such as the Department of Medical Assistance Services and the Virginia Department of Health. Jeremy's appellate work includes regular representation of providers in Medicaid appeals at the administrative and judicial levels.
Prior to joining McCandlish Holton, Jeremy served in the U.S. Army for 14 years. Following graduation from the United State Military Academy at West Point, he initially served as a Field Artillery Officer and then later, after graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law, joined the Judge Advocate General’s Corps. Jeremy is married, has two children, and is an avid tennis player.
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Health Care, 2009 - 2011
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar, Chair of the Health Law Section Board of Governors
- Virginia Health Care Association, Virginia Center for Assisted Living Committee, 2015
- Faculty, Virginia State Bar Professionalism Course (since 2013)
- Virginia Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Richmond Bar Association; Bench-Bar Planning Committee, 2013 (Co-Chair), 2012
Publications and Presentations
- Professional Ethics, "Legal Titans" Panel Member, VBA/VSB Virginia Health Law Legislative Update & Extravaganza, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Managing Effective Internal Investigations, VHCA Legal Quarterly, Summer 2013
- Virginia COPN Law Challenged as Unconstitutional, The Virginia Health Lawyer, Vol. III Issue 1, 2012
- Certificate of Public Need: Background and Current Developments, Eighth Annual Virginia Bar Association Health Care Practitioners’ Roundtable, 2012
- An Overview of Health Care Reform, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, University of Richmond, 2011
- Clinical Trials and Tribulations, Sixth Annual Virginia Bar Association Healthcare Practitioners' Roundtable, 2010
Healthcare Reform: New Measures in the Fight Against Healthcare Fraud, GTCBio Healthcare Reform Conference, 2010
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3801
fax (804) 775-3834
- Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School, U.S. Army, LL.M.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- United States Military Academy, B.S.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia