Jeremy A. Ball
Jeremy is a member of the firm’s Health Care and Litigation Practice Groups. As a health care attorney, Jeremy has developed a broad base of experience representing hospitals, long-term care facilities, physician practice groups, individual health care professionals, and health care insurers. He regularly advises health care clients in a variety of administrative, regulatory, transactional, and employment matters.
Jeremy’s practice also includes representation of corporate and individual clients in commercial litigation, most often involving business disputes related to employment contracts, covenants not to compete, product liability, fraud, and other business torts.
Jeremy’s wide-ranging experience in health care, litigation, and administrative and regulatory matters gives him a unique perspective for advising clients who wish to avoid future disputes, as well as those who find themselves unexpectedly faced with a lawsuit.
Prior to joining McCandlish Holton, Jeremy served in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps. His assignments as a Judge Advocate included professor of law at the Judge Advocate General's School, criminal defense counsel, prosecuting attorney, administrative law attorney, and legal assistance attorney. Before becoming a Judge Advocate, Jeremy was a commissioned officer in the U.S. Army Field Artillery.
Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Health Care, 2009, 2010, 2011
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar - Health Law Section, Board of Governors, member
- Virginia Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Richmond Bar Association, CLE Committee
- ABA’s Military Pro Bono Network, pro bono attorney
- Central Virginia Legal Aid Society, pro bono attorney
Publications and Presentations
- Clinical Trials and Tribulations, VBA Healthcare Practitioner’s Roundtable, 2010
- Healthcare Reform: New Measures in the Fight Against Healthcare Fraud, GTCBio Healthcare Reform Conference, 2010
- An Overview of Health Care Reform, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, University of Richmond, 2011
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3801
fax (804) 775-3834
- United States Military Academy, B.S.
- University of Virginia, J.D.
- Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School, U.S. Army, LL.M.
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States