Jessica Hacker Trivizas
Jessica is a lawyer in the litigation group. She focuses her practice on the defense of workers’ compensation claims in Virginia.
Jessica defends employers, carriers, and self-insured employers at hearings before the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission. Her practice includes appellate work before the Full Commission, the Court of Appeals of Virginia and the Supreme Court of Virginia. Jessica handles cases involving both injuries by accident as well as occupational disease claims. She often advises clients on their duties regarding Medicare in the workers’ compensation context as well as providing educational programs to adjusters and employers on a variety of topics.
In law school at Wake Forest, Jessica was recognized for her trial advocacy skills by selection as a member of the American Association for Justice Trial Team and the Student Trial Bar. Jessica served as a teaching assistant in the legal writing program at Wake Forest Law and studied abroad at the University of Venice, Italy.
As an undergraduate Jessica received her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology with a double major in Sociology from Virginia Commonwealth University. She was the recipient of the College of Humanities and Sciences Distinguished Service Award as well as the John H. McGrath award for Outstanding Sociology Student. Prior to law school, Jessica worked in the human services field at a non-profit organization in Richmond.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Richmond Bar Association, Member
- Service Kids in Progress “SKIP,” Board Member
- Virginia State Bar, Young Lawyers Conference, Emergency Legal Services, Co-Chair
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3893
fax (804) 775-7100
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, B.S. Magna Cum Laude
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia