Lindsey A. Strachan
Lindsey is a member of the litigation group and represents clients in insurance defense, premises liability defense, and business litigation in Virginia state and federal courts.
Lindsey is a graduate of Washington and Lee University and University of Richmond School of Law, where she received the Orrell-Brown Award for Clinical Excellence in the Children’s Law Center. As a law student, Lindsey gained practical experience in the Education Rights Clinic, providing legal representation to children and parents in central Virginia seeking special education and community-based services mandated by both federal and state law.
While in law school, Lindsey served as the Executive Editor of the Richmond Journal of Law and Technology, as a Teaching Assistant in the Law Skills program, and as a member of the Moot Court Board.
- Orrell-Brown Award for Clinical Excellence in the Children’s Law Center
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee Member
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Bar Association Richmond Mentor Program at Woodville Elementary School
Publications and Presentations
- Re-Mapping Privacy Law: How the Google Maps Scandal Requires Tort Law Reform, XVII Rich. J.L. & Tech. 14 (2011).
- Co-Author, Congratulations, You’re a Lawyer! So, Now What . . . ? Docket Call, Fall 2013.
- Co-Author, Attorney Blogs in the Wake of Hunter v. Virginia State Bar, Virginia State Bar Litigation Section Newsletter, Forthcoming
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3814
fax (804) 819-1179
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Washington and Lee University, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia