Robert W. Partin
Rob is Of Counsel in the firm’s Litigation Department where he focuses his practice on Family Law matters, construction litigation, and eminent domain litigation.
As a former officer of Marines, Rob understands the unique challenges facing military families and how those challenges can impact divorce, custody, visitation and division of military retirement. Rob also is a former small business owner, an experience that has proved invaluable in representing business owners in divorce and other family law matters.
In construction matters, Rob has successfully represented owners, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and sureties in disputes related to private and government contracts.
Rob has also represented government entities, public utilities and property owners in matters related to the acquisition of real property using the power of eminent domain (condemnation).
Rob has extensive experience in jury and bench trials in courts throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia and has argued on behalf of his clients before the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Virginia Supreme Court and the Virginia Court of Appeals.
Rob received his Juris Doctor from the University Of Richmond School Of Law, graduating magna cum laude in January 1997.
- AV rated by attorneys and judges through Martindale-Hubbell
- Virginia Business, "Legal Elite," Family/Domestic Relations, 2006, 2010-2014
- Virginia SuperLawyer, Family Law, 2011-2014
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar
- Metropolitan Richmond Family Law Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Henrico County Bar Association
- Chesterfield County Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- The Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Inn of Court
- Damschroder v. Patterson,1999 WL 1129774 (Va. Ct. App. April 27, 1999)
- Morris v. Woodley, 225 F.3d 654 (4th Cir. 2000)
- Schlimmer v. Poverty Hunt Club, et al., 268 Va. 74, 597 S.E.2d 43 (2004)
- Kapur v. Kapur, 2009 WL 1371857 (Va. Ct. App. May 19, 2009)
- Belcher v. Belcher, 2012 WL 1912633 (Va. Ct. App. May 29, 2012)
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Duke University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit