Samuel C. Haisley
Sam is a member of the firm’s Corporate, Health Care, Medical Campus Development, and Real Estate and Finance Practice Groups. He advises clients on a wide variety of matters, focusing his practice on a range of business and commercial real estate transactions throughout the United States and abroad. Sam counsels and represents an array of individuals, business entities, financial institutions, and real estate developers.
Some of his recent transactions consist of:
- Healthcare facilities acquisitions
- Physician practice mergers
- Business acquisitions
- Sales of medical practices
- Venture capital funding
- Private equity funding
- Commercial lender financings
- Development and financing of medical office buildings
- Commercial leasing
- Formation and financing of residential, commercial and mixed-use condominiums.
Additionally, he counsels clients on a variety of general business matters, including:
- Entity formation
- Governance issues
- Raising capital
- Exit strategies
Before joining the firm, Sam worked as a CPA and business consultant with a Big Six public accounting firm for more than eight years. In that capacity, he provided audit and business consulting services to public and private companies in numerous industries, including manufacturing, distribution, not-for-profit, and energy. Sam has worked with clients on SEC reporting issues, including initial public offerings, and acquisition-related due diligence.
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010, 2012-2014
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Law Practice Management Sections
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association, Business Law, Health Law and Real Estate Sections
- Richmond Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Downtown Y, Board of Managers and Chair of Social Responsibility Committee
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3885
fax (804) 775-7285
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce, B.S.