Samantha Stecker Otero
Samantha (“Sam”) Otero represents executives and employers in all aspects of employment law. She has extensive trial experience in federal and state courts across the Commonwealth, and routinely defends management before state and federal agencies in employment-related disputes.
Sam advises clients on the requirements they face in the areas of hiring, promotions, layoffs, discipline, EEOC complaints, discrimination, overtime, leave and benefits, and also handles allegations of harassment and disputes arising out of employment contracts, including covenants not to compete.
In addition, Sam has worked with Virginia wineries and breweries, assisting them in the ABC licensing process and in the defense of those licenses before the ABC. She also helps them navigate the ABC’s regulatory framework so they are more familiar with their rights and obligations as licensees and owners.
- Virginia Business Legal Elite, Employment, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America for Employment Law - Management, 2012-2014, for Employment Law - Individuals, 2014, and for Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2014
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association; Executive Council, Young Lawyers Division, 1996-1999
- Commonwealth Parenting, Board of Directors, President, 2013
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3868
fax (804) 775-7290
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., Articles Editor, Bill of Rights Journal
- Wake Forest University, B.A., Art History and Italian
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals