Sara Hendon Heisler
Sara Hendon Heisler practices with the Health Care practice group and focuses her practice on transactional and regulatory compliance matters for hospitals, physician groups, and nursing facilities.
She advises clients on reimbursement and coding issues, fraud and abuse, Medicare and Medicaid issues and appeals, federal and state regulatory compliance, and general corporate business and transactional matters. In addition, Sara provides advice regarding Virginia’s Certificate of Public Need ("COPN") application process.
Prior to law school, Sara was a physician practice administrator. This hands-on experience, coupled with her Master of Health Administration degree, affords her significant insights into the complex management and reimbursement issues faced by physicians and hospitals.
- Virginia Business, "Legal Elite," Young Lawyer, 2014
- University of Richmond Client Counseling Competition Champion, 2007
- Virginia Commonwealth University Stuart Ogren Scholar
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar, Health Law Section
- Virginia Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives and Central Virginia Healthcare Executive Group
- Massey Alliance - VCU Massey Cancer Center, Board Member 2009-2014
- 2015 Massey Challenge Committee, Massey Mile Co-chair - VCU Massey Cancer Center
- Virginia Commonwealth University Master of Health Administration, Alumni Advisor
- Comfort Zone Camp, pro bono counsel; Volunteer Council Co-chair 2013-2014; Member 2012 - Present
- World Pediatric Project , pro bono counsel
- Crossover Healthcare Ministry, pro bono counsel
Publications and Presentations
- University of Richmond School of Law Career Immersion Law 101 Panelist, September 2014
- Electronic Health Records, Lorman Education Seminar, 2014
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3861
fax (804) 775-7289
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, M.H.A.
- University of Virginia, B.A., Religious Studies
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia