Sara Hendon Heisler
Sara Hendon Heisler practices with the Health Care practice group and focuses her practice on transactional and regulatory compliance matters for hospitals and physician groups.
She advises clients on reimbursement and coding issues, fraud and abuse, Medicare and Medicaid issues and appeals, regulatory affairs, and general corporate business matters. In addition, Sara provides advice regarding Virginia’s Certificate of Public Need application process.
Prior to law school, Sara was a physician practice administrator. This hands-on experience, coupled with her Master of Health Administration degree, affords her significant insights into the complex management and reimbursement issues faced by physicians and hospitals.
- University of Richmond Client Counseling Competition Champion, 2007
- Virginia Commonwealth University Stuart Ogren Scholar
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar – Health Law Section
- Virginia Bar Association – Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Massey Alliance - VCU Massey Cancer Center
- Comfort Zone Camp
Publications and Presentations
- Electronic Health Records, Lorman Education Seminar, 2014
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3861
fax (804) 775-7100
- University of Richmond, J.D.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, M.H.A.
- University of Virginia, B.A., Religious Studies
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia