Tonia E. Peake
Ms. Peake represents clients in complex commercial real estate transactions including: 1031 exchanges, financing, residential and commercial condominiums, medical office and campus development, landlord-tenant leasing, retail development and historic tax credit financing.
She routinely prepares: loan documents, ground and space leases, easements, conservation easements, restrictive covenants, shared maintenance/cost-sharing agreements, and settlement agreements. In addition to her real estate practice, Ms. Peake advises clients on ancillary corporate matters including entity formation, joint venture agreements, contribution agreements, employment agreements and general corporate tax issues.
Sample transactions include:
- Represented nation’s largest drive-in franchise in locating, acquiring, financing and developing new stores throughout Virginia.
- Represented developers in establishing dozens of commercial and residential condominium regimes.
- Represented one of the nation's largest pharmacy chains in acquiring and developing sites throughout Virginia and assisted preferred developer for the chain with sales/lease-backs, feasibility and financing for acquisition and development of store locations.
- Negotiated and documented the acquisition, construction financing, leasing, permanent financing and sale of retail shopping centers.
- Documented and closed commercial loans including construction financing, business working capital (SBA 7a) and historic tax credit components.
- Established restrictive covenants and homeowners’ association regime in planned unit development consisting of more than 200 dwelling units near Stony Point Fashion Park.
- Three-time recipient of the William A.R. Goodwin Merit Scholarship, Marshall-Wythe School of Law
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Real Estate, 2009, 2011 - 2014
- Virginia Business Legal Elite, Real Estate/Land Use, 2011
Professional and Community Involvement
- Virginia Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Richmond Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Greater Richmond Association of Commercial Real Estate (GRACRE)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
1111 East Main Street
P.O. Box 796
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0796
call (804) 775-3855
fax (804) 775-3835
- College of William and Mary, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A. International Affairs
- Sorbonne University, Paris, France