This team brings a variety of key skills and experiences to effect legislative and regulatory action for its clients. We have extensive contacts with state and local policymakers and a range of substantive legal experience in order to represent clients in full-service legislative advocacy, monitoring and regulatory review.
Examples of our client services include:
- Negotiated Rulemaking/Regulatory Reform: We collaborate with federal, state and local regulators to negotiate effective, fair rules and assist clients in navigating SCC trade, health and safety, professional and environmental regulations.
- Permitting Assistance: We work closely with the State Corporation Commission, local governments and other regulatory agency contacts to expedite the issuance of government licenses and permits.
- Legislative and Regulatory Monitoring: We provide "early warning" services, as well as routine tracking of industry developments.
- Inter-Governmental Cooperation: We coordinate government relations strategies among all three levels of government and between localities.
- Liaison to Public Officials: We maintain strong, effective relationships with Virginia government officials, including the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General and their staffs; Cabinet Secretaries, General Assembly members, the State Corporation Commission, state agency leadership, local governing bodies, and citizen board members.
- Government Contracting: We assist clients in marketing goods and services to government entities.
- Grassroots Response: We are capable of developing statewide grassroots support on issues with "rapid response" time.
We provide services in a variety of areas that include:
- Health Care
- Real Estate/Land Use
- Government Contracting and Procurement
- Public-Private Partnerships and Transportation/Infrastructure
- Trade Associations
- Taxation and Government Finance
- Voting Rights & Districts/Campaigning
- Economic Development
- Retirement Program and Annuities