The Workers’ Compensation Practice Group at McCandlish Holton aggressively defends cases throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Our experienced team provides innovative legal strategies tailored to the needs of your cases. We carefully balance the use of aggressive advocacy with skillful diplomacy to resolve cases in a cost-effective manner. Whether defending a case at a hearing, negotiating at mediation or drafting an appellate brief, our lawyers are experienced advocates who are determined to meet your objectives. We are committed to offering outstanding client communication, early case evaluation and utilization of paralegals for maximum cost-savings to our clients.
Our attorneys are experienced handling claims under:
- The Virginia Workers’ Compensation Act
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Act (“LHWCA”)
- Defense Base Act
Our team handles workers' compensation cases from the Deputy Commissioner level all the way to the Supreme Court of Virginia. Our office, located in the heart of the state, provides easy and direct access to all Commission locations throughout Virginia.
Areas of practice include:
- Death Benefits
- Dispute Resolution
- Indemnity Benefits
- Injuries by Accident
- Medical Awards
- Medicare Set Asides
- Medicare Secondary Payer Act
- Medicare, Medicaid and SCHIP (“MMSEA”)
- Occupational Disease
- Peer Review
- Permanent and Total Disability
- Prevailing Community Rate Issues
- Subrogation & Third Party Issues
- Uninsured Employer’s Fund
- Vocational Rehabilitation